Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Good, the Bad, the both of them

The thing that's stood out the most to me lately is how my perception of another person can completely change my perception of everything else in life.  Think about someone that you can NOT stand to be around.  Now, try to spend time with that person.  You will come to understand that this person is not all bad.  Everyone has good qualities.  I promise.  This probably goes back to the creation of man, where we are created in God's image, but we are flesh at the same time.  This mUST mean that we all have  both positive and negative characteristics.  I could go on and on about this and make a million different examples, but the point is the following:  Find the GOOD in everyone, because everyone has some good in them.  Because they were created in the image of God.  No one is perfect (obviously), but no one is 100% evil either.  Find the Good in everyone, and you'll find God in them.  This is one way that I've learned to get closer to God in the past couple of months.
Also, keep on smiling, I think God like's it when we smile :D
love you all.....

2 comments:

  1. As I've gotten older I've always found this to be to be true! And most of the time if you get to know the person you usually end up finding that you actually LIKE them or can respect them at least... HOWEVER I have been struggling with this particular issue with one individual that I have come across - am thankfully that the Lord has taken them out of the path of my familys life - but we still have to "deal" with her upon occasion & I thank you for the reminder to LOOK deeper even tho I'm not so sure the Devil is not @ work there.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete